Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #134
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I installed 15.2 on my PB302 and so far, I'm VERY happy with it. For the first time since I first fiddled with the button assignments, I have 'last ten books' menu available from the power button again. And it showed up with a minimenu, very nice!

It seems pageturns in graynm's fbreader are just a little bit faster. I don't have any empirical data to support this; it just feels faster.

I have not been able to make reassignments of the 'back' button work properly. I was hoping I could assign it to 'move forward 1 page', as the button is in the perfect place when the reader is in landscape orientation. However, despite messing around with it, powercycling, saving config, backup config and restore config, I can't get that button to do anything but go 'back'.

graynm's fbreader has full functionality, as best as I can tell. I haven't tested all the features, just the features I typically use daily.

The webkit browser doesn't work well for me. I can pull up URLs I type directly into the URLbar, but clicking links results in a popup "Book is not found" or something similiar.

I must agree with the previous comments about the font selector; very nice. I don't have a need for profiles, so I haven't played with that menu yet.

My first impression is very positive, as functionality I expected in 15.1 is thoroughly restored. It'd be nice to map the 'back' button, but I've lived without it for this long so I can't complain.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote