View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 05:47 AM   #25
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well per key mapping you may assign a key for that function. That may be the most obvious solution!
OK, I see there may be some confusion here.

I picked ab empty key allocation (in my case, the Button 1 (hold) was free) and selected "System > Main Menu" for that button allocation. It still didn't work. So I tried following another suggestion, and allocated OK (hold) to "Sustem > Main menu." Still no go.

Then it clicked - if I try this key allocation from within a book (e.g. reading an FB2) it works - I get straight to the Main Menu. But what I should have explained is that I want to be able to go from anywhere in the folder view directly to the main menu.

At the moment, I have to use the "Back" or "Previous" button to step back all the way to the Main Menu when I am browsing the book folders. And I prefer to step out of the book I'm reading before going to the main menu. But any key mapping I do doesn't seem to work in the folder view - Button 1 (hold) does nothing, and OK (hold) brings up the quick menu.

So, any ideas on a shortcut to go from anywhere in your folder view / bookshelf buck to the Main Menu?

Is the issue clear as mud?...
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote