View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 10:28 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
Hypothetical question:

I am an author and I want to give my work to someone to prepare for printing. In what form do I deliver my text; a Microsoft Word document, an Open Office document, a straight text file or what?

What I don't understand is why you would want to convert an InDesign document to epub? Why not go back to the original document to create your epub? It seems to me it would be easy enough and would yield a better product. The tools are free and fairly easy to use. To paraphrase Kipling: A printed page is a printed page, and an ebook page is an ebook page, and never the twain shall meet.

Regards - John
What format was the ORIGINAL work in?
That probably has the least (un-wanted) artifacts. That makes for the cleanest (code) conversion.

It also probably looks pretty drab visually without a typographers touch.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote