View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #15
chyron8472
Groupie
chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chyron8472 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5, Amazon Fire 5th Gen, Moto Z Play Droid
I have two issues with Calibre plugboards, though.

First, I have different preferences for how series title should be displayed in book titles, depending on the series.
  • Lord of the Rings should be labeled "LOTR";
  • The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon series) should be labeled "Inheritance" (as the book titles are short and can fit next to a long series name);
  • The O'Malley Chronicles should be labeled "O'Malley";
  • Harry Potter is in a collection all on it's own on my Kindle, it doesn't need a series title at all.
  • I have the first Hitchhiker's Guide book, and the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide book, but I don't want the series title or index listed for them on my Kindle.

This is quite a complex set of variables.

Second, plugboards don't apply to downloads from Calibre's web server interface, nor if I use calibre2opds+dropbox.

Last edited by chyron8472; 02-19-2011 at 12:26 AM.
chyron8472 is offline   Reply With Quote