View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Absolutely agree with you Ficbot. I'm trying to figure out how to implement the whole thing.

Where I state that I only link to positive reviews refers to the Showcase Site for the authors and their books.

Where a book might be reviewed by a reviewer the review would link to the reviewers site and if the review is less than glowing; then that's for the author to address.

The coding that I am working on would "collect" the number of reviews a book has and then based on an algorithm that I have yet to write would come up with a Reviewer Rank.

The site would also rank reviewers.

Some ideas that I have gleefully purloined from MR comments, most particularly on your thread; which inspired the whole idea.

- The rankings should be divided into different sections i.e.

Amazing Book by Unknown Author
Cover
Formatting
Story
Grammar

Open to ideas (and programming help if anyone is interested). My overall concept is to promote good quality Self Published books. Within that concept provide authors with a place to upload their books into a showcase.