View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I read The Underland Chronicles just recently (in paper) and absolutely loved it. I'm not sure I'd actually give it to a 10 year old, the books do contain lots of death and blood after all. If you want to be spoilered, read the Wikipedia article, it has a Holocaust section which says quite a lot about these books. If you're an adult who likes fantasy as in swords and magic (and willing to substitute magic with obscure biology), it's worth a try.

I guess it's supposed to be a modern Alice in Wonderland, but if I had to compare The Underland Chronicles to another series, it would be Harry Potter. In both stories the hero is a young boy and they both discover a world that equally full of wonders as they are with danger... Never read the Hunger Games and probably never will so I can't tell you how these two relate.

Last edited by frostschutz; 10-03-2010 at 10:19 AM.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote