View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
The month before I bought my Kobo I went on holidays to Vietnam for 3 weeks. My husband and I took 5 books to read during that time (as well as a guide book) so 6 books.
One of those books was a dud and neither of us enjoyed reading it. What a waste to carry it half way round the world!
I was lucky enough that 2 of our hotels had a guests lending library with a fair selection of books in English and I also managed to score a book that another tourist was throwing away.
Having half a suitcase full of books just for a 3 week holiday was a real pain.

I don't like reading on a computer screen but a friend showed me her Sony. So I started to think about an ereader and then the Kobo was released. I knew it was meant to be!
Since I bought the ereader I have discovered a few more things that are really great.
I love that I can have a new book in the middle of the night without leaving home within a few minutes of deciding I want it.
I love that I can take as many books as I want with me everyday - no more having to decide WHICH book I might feel like reading later on.
I love that I won't need to buy any more bookshelves. I'm hoping that more of my existing pbook collection will become available at a cheap enough price so that I can have them as ebooks and free up some space in my study.
I love that all the new books I have bought in the last few months were cheaper as ebooks than as pbooks.
I love how small light the Kobo is - so much easier to hold and read for hours at a time.
I love that people see me reading my Kobo and think that I am some sort of techno wiz when actually I'm just veging out with some trashy novel that I wouldn't normally read in public!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote