View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusterBrown View Post
I don't know what is going on now. I am no longer getting the Framework login screen. I'm letting the K3 boot until is says on the computer screen: Welcome to Kindle! and then I get 'Kindle Login:' and after entering root on computer or K3 - nothing and it continues to boot. It's also not responding to 'press [enter} for recovery menu so, something has happened to my setup. I need recheck setup before continuing.
One of the 'tricks' to using minicom with a serial port adapter (and not a modem on the other end) is to avoid the "setup strings" sent by minicom when you open a port (or start up minicom with a default that opens the port).

Choices:
Disconnect device from end of cable (but leave usb end plugged in); start minicom and let it send the trash to an empty cable. The usb end must remain plugged in so that the usb-serial converter can be configured.

Leave the cable connected, power off the remote device, start minicom so it can do its thing to a machine that isn't listening, bring up the remote device.

Diddle the minicom options and startup strings to not send character strings that will affect the Kindle listening on the other end.
(things that might be mistaken for user/password or a command or ...)

- - - -

There is a terminal emulator here (for KT) that should allow you to run minicom on the Kindle (Touch at the moment).
The 3G modem/radio is a modem that takes an "AT ..." command set (an extended Hayes command set) which minicom is very comfortable with sending.
Somewhere in one of my earliest threads here I posted the links to the command set documentation.
Just in case someone wants to diddle with their 3G hardware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote