View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 01:57 PM   #3229
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Here are the last four audiobooks I read:
Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol (obtained from Hoopla, read by Nicholas Boulton). This book’s ending reminded me of a cross between Fyodor Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment and Frank R. Stockton’s The Lady and the Tiger. A little strange, but good.
I Contain Multitudes: The Microbes Within Us and a Grander View of Life by Ed Yong (an Audible selection narrated by Charlie Anson). Read this book and you’ll never be lonely again.
Micromegas by Voltaire (Audible Original: Bedtime Story read by Prentice Onayemi). Micromegas was a repeat of a story I first read in an ebook collection. Love the story, but the narrator’s delivery made it difficult to stay awake. I can't complain, considering that it’s part of an Audible collection of stories meant to help people sleep, but I got it because it was a free Audible Plus selection and wasn’t interested in the sedative effects.
Murder by Misrule by Anna Castle (a 99¢ Chirp bargain when I bought it, read by Joel Froomkin) was a quite fun whodunnit featuring a team of amateur sleuths led by none other than Sir Francis Bacon. A few liberties were taken with the actual history of the period, as the author herself reveals in the postscript, but not so many that it spoiled the story.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote