View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 12:45 PM   #3228
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just finished "A Gift of Time" by Jerry Merritt, narrated by Christopher Lane.

It was surprisingly good. It made time travel technobabble, including use of the word "quantum", sound plausible, and it was a remarkably sweeping and varied plotline. I was also very impressed with the narration.

My library has "Bruno, Chief of Police" via Hoopla, so I might give that a shot next.

ETA: I also finished "Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery." It was adorable. I was frequently quoting some cute dog-ism from the narration to my family. The mystery itself was light and felt like a "B plot." In that sense it reminded me of the movie "Benji," where the kidnapping (or whatever the movie was ostensibly about) was clearly secondary to just watching Benji be smart and adorable.
I will probably try the next next book in the series if it comes my way, but I am concerned that if it sticks to a formula, it may wear thin pretty quickly. I hope Chet isn't a one-trick puppy.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 09-30-2021 at 04:41 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote