View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:21 PM   #8
kein
kein began at the beginning.

Device: IREX ILIAD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Before I bought a new hub, I would try a new cable and/or port first, unless you've already tried that.

Regarding WiFi, yes that definitely works. That's how I sync data between my PC and iLiad at home. It's a little complicated to setup, but it works fine. Basically, you create a new directory on the PC and configure it as a "shared" directory under Windows. Then you enter in the Workgroup/Domain, server, username, password information that is needed to access that directory in a screen on the iLiad. The first time you connect from the iLiad it will build the right directory structure underneath the directory that you created. If you've never done any windows networking or windows sharing, it can be a little tricky to get all of the details right.

You already have the latest update (2.12), and WiFi is supported on it. The 2.9 update you're talking about is a much older version.
I have created a new directory on my PC and shared it. What do I put in step 3 of the iLiad setting? Workgroup / domain name or its path? And how do I access it from the iLiad afterwards? Do I need to restart my iLiad or it just should connect on its own once the entries have been made? Seems like I don't see anything happening, unless I am missing something here. Would that be too much of trouble for you to give me a step-by-step procedure? I know it should be very simple but I am hitting a wall here.
kein is offline   Reply With Quote