View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #6
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Do you mean you have NO machines with an Internet connection? Or just that this SPECIFIC machine doesn't? Because you could do the code checkout on one machine and then rsync that over to your main desktop and build there.

(Edit: just saw that you have an internet connected laptop so ignore the first paragraph)

There isn't a Linux based ebook reader that I am happy with. I can't seem to wrap my head around FBReader's user interface. I don't want to install Calibre just to use its reader. I didn't get along with Cool Reader but I don't remember why any more (and I'm kind of mistrusting of projects that are still on Sourceforge). And there is a Firefox plugin or two that kind of work-ish but aren't great.

A long time ago, I think Sony's reader software running with WINE was my favourite option, but I'm not sure that would work any more because it might try to call home on install and then find nobody there. I didn't have any success getting ADE to run under WINE, but it might be better now.

Last edited by radius; 02-15-2017 at 01:55 PM.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote