View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 05:40 AM   #26
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I do not see why most any of the USB C hubs that work on MacBook, Chromebook, and PCs would not work on the new iPad Pro as well. People are certainly going to expect them to work, it is an industry standard interface, unlike Lightning port.

So for example:

https://www.amazon.com/EUASOO-Thunde...ords=USB+c+hub

HDMI, USB, Ethernet, SD cards, audio etc.

One thing I am wondering about is availability of an adapter or hub that lets you plug in Lightning accessories (microphones, headsets, Apple Pencil v1, etc.), and ideally have passthrough for charging.

I think app developers need to get serious about supporting keyboards properly (keyboard shortcuts etc.). It really holds iPad back from being a better laptop replacement. I’ve been asking Amazon to add keyboard shortcuts to Kindle app for years now. Even just being able to turn pages with cursor keys, sheesh.
I do have to wonder a bit why they decided to make this change. Are they going to abandon the lightning across the range of Apple products? One would think you could plug a USB hub in, though I would think the hub would need a regular power supply.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote