View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #62
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
As I suspected. The evidence says that rolling heads doesn't help teams win. So the owners are probably doing it to appease fans.

As for whether B&N replacing their experienced hard-working managers with newbies would help any more than firing baseball managers, I don't have a link for that one. I just think it would stink.
Where is the study that has the GMs? Where is the study beyond just a few sports, and specifically one that covers baseball?

Even if it were true that the owners do it just to appease fans, then that at least would keep up attendance and revenues. But I believe in many cases, especially in sports that I've followed, changing GMs/managers/coaches can make a big difference on the field as well.

Also, who said anything about replacing B&N executives with "newbies?" To the contrary, I would replace them with only experienced people. And of course replacing/firing people stinks. But it stinks worse to have a whole product line fail and put even more people out of work!

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote