View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 12:08 AM   #14
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post
I find the software in the PRS-600 to be very stable, I've never managed to crash it once.
Every Reader I've owned has been very stable, though the PRS-600 is the least of them. It may be a hardware issue, however.

The major frustration users have right now is not stability, but very poor ePUB support, which was initially terrible, and has only gotten incrementally better. The new Readers fix the single biggest complaint, lack of justification. It would be nice if Sony brought this fix down to their loyal customers who own older models.

In terms of the PS3 getting updates, that was already an established billion dollar market, with many years in the making, and a giant engineering team behind it. The Readers are new, and simply don't have the support infrastructure at Sony like the PS3. That's no excuse for the general lack of updates for the Readers, but it is the major reason you can't really compare the Reader support to the PS3.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote