View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Meanwhile, two figures were out for a stroll. To the unobservant observer, it would look like this pair were out for a stroll. This unobservant observer (let's call him Fred, because it's easier to type) would possibly think that the pair were friends. It's possible Fred might even think they were good friends. Maybe even a couple. But to someone more skilled in the arts of observation, it would be clear that maybe everything wasn't quite as it seemed. Their casualness seemed too... casual. Their spontaneous pauses to point things out too... spontaneous. Whatever conclusions these two observers concluded, however, they would almost be certain to forget as at that moment the earth moved - not just for them, but for everyone in the vicinity.

"Did you feel that?" asked Hugh Jrinks, for it was he, of his companion, who rolled her eyes.

"Yes. Yes I did. I would imagine most people hereabouts did" Fiona T Wellington replied.

"Probably an earthquake" Hugh said knowledgably.

"Unlikely"

"Oh? They happen all the time round here, I seem to recall" Hugh spoke as if he was something of an expert in these matters.

"England does get the occasional earthquake, true, but rarely anything of the magnitude we just felt. And they don't usually go 'BANG!' and cause a massive amount of smoke to billow from just one area"

"Yes, but that was hardly the case here, now was it?"

Fiona merely looked pointedly at the billowing smoke, coming from somewhere near the roasted peanut factory.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote