View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 07:42 AM   #7
IronChaim
Do-er, All of the Things
IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.IronChaim once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How many programs that support ePub 3 support media overlays?
I admittedly don't know for certain, but I thought most of the majors did and what most considered 'best practice' if you're trying to create something like a "Read Along" book. But, it too early/I've not have any coffee for me to get excited about finding sources to confirm. :-P

IMHO: I would hope that readers/apps support this part of the spec for it's usefulness (and roots in accessibility), over a custom JavaScript implementation. I appreciate that it might not meet the need of the use case of the EPUB creator, but I think it allows for a better, more consistent UX.
IronChaim is offline   Reply With Quote