View Single Post
Old 10-06-2014, 01:41 PM   #24
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Chipmunk chatter is what it sounds like to me. I can't deal with bumping up the speed, anymore than I can fast-forward through a movie. I've tried a couple of times when I'm considering a 30+ hour book, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe if the Clip Zip had some reasonable incremental increases ...
The Clip Zip speed up really is chipmunk chatter. But the speed increases on the OverDrive and Audible apps are phenomenal. At 1.25X I can't detect it and even higher speeds don't sound like Alvin. If you have a smartphone it would be worth downloading the Audible app and giving it a try.

And yes, it can be the clincher for some of the longer books. Sooner or later, I'll get sick of even the most enthralling book once it hits 20 hours, say. This is why my Clip Zip is mostly gathering dust.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote