View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #14
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The good news is there is a somewhat techy way to downgrade the firmware. Our local Kindle Developers Corner is busy as usual and has gotten an image of the 5.4.0 partition which can be flashed through diags mode and scary stuff etc. and so forth....

If you're up to it, here is the link: http://ixtab.tk/kindle-touch-images/PW2/README.txt

And at some point, after Ixtab gets off his holiday break, he will create an easy install method.

You will need to jailbreak, and there is no non-jailbreak image since the install is based off a jailbroken firmware.
Unfortunately, a simple .bin file to roll back to 5.4.0 appears to be a tall order (even though I have great faith in our developers!)...read knc1's comment about that here. I wouldn't hold my breath.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote