View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #12
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
I AGREE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Glad you found a "work around" that works for you and your wife--but that doesn't mean it's optimal--hence the description "work around". And just because it works for you, doesn't mean it will work that well for others. If my husband had a Kindle and shared an Amazon account with me, I can assure you, it would annoy the heck out of me to have to see his collections on my reader. I could live with it, but our reading interests are in no way similar to each other and I would hate to have to wade through his collections when trying to get to my books. As I said before, luckily for me, these issues don't affect me, but that doesn't stop me from realizing what a phenomenal pain they would be for some users.

I do hope that Amazon does come out with an updated firmware soon and they address the issue. Ideally, for "cloud collections" I think there should be an web interface that you could choose which collections belong to each Kindle and allow you to add/delete books to collections without having to use a Kindle. And there is no valid reason that I can come up with that books not on your Kindle should show up (albeit grayed out) under the device view. That's what the cloud view is for.
You are CORRECT. There should be a web site where Collections could be customized with proper Labels and then assigned to all our devices (my wife and I share FOUR Kindles). Books could then be assigned to Labels at the web site. Doing all this on a Kindle, itself, is more challenging.

Amazon is continually improving their devices and firmware and it is highly likely we will see this proposed web site in 2014.

In the meantime, as with all devices from PC's to phones to cars to eReaders, we have to use workarounds until changes are made by the manufacturers. It is also LIKELY that new features will only apply to new devices not yet available and we will still have to use workarounds on our older devices.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-30-2013 at 03:27 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote