View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #9
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
My wife and I use the Collection feature in the Kindles. I have one Collection Label for the eBooks she is reading and another Label for the eBooks I am reading.

All our other Labels are for eBooks which we have both read (History, Biography, Fiction, Bible Study, etc.). It works perfectly for us and maybe the OP should just use the same work around we use.

It appears the main problem with Collections for many is simply their Labeling conventions - NOT the firmware.
Glad you found a "work around" that works for you and your wife--but that doesn't mean it's optimal--hence the description "work around". And just because it works for you, doesn't mean it will work that well for others. If my husband had a Kindle and shared an Amazon account with me, I can assure you, it would annoy the heck out of me to have to see his collections on my reader. I could live with it, but our reading interests are in no way similar to each other and I would hate to have to wade through his collections when trying to get to my books. As I said before, luckily for me, these issues don't affect me, but that doesn't stop me from realizing what a phenomenal pain they would be for some users.

I do hope that Amazon does come out with an updated firmware soon and they address the issue. Ideally, for "cloud collections" I think there should be an web interface that you could choose which collections belong to each Kindle and allow you to add/delete books to collections without having to use a Kindle. And there is no valid reason that I can come up with that books not on your Kindle should show up (albeit grayed out) under the device view. That's what the cloud view is for.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote