View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Kindle Collections CAN be used by two people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Simaru--You're post is irrelevant to the problem the OP has. In his case, there are two different Kindle users on the same account. Both of them understandably want their own collections on their own kindles and don't care to see the other user's collections. The new 5.4.2 firmware for the KPW2 makes this impossible.

This isn't a problem for me as I don't use collections and I don't share me Amazon account with anyone else. But, I certainly hope that Amazon fixes this, and definitely understand why many many KPW2 users are frustrated with the new update!
My wife and I use the Collection feature in the Kindles. I have one Collection Label for the eBooks she is reading and another Label for the eBooks I am reading.

All our other Labels are for eBooks which we have both read (History, Biography, Fiction, Bible Study, etc.). It works perfectly for us and maybe the OP should just use the same work around we use.

It appears the main problem with Collections for many is simply their Labeling conventions - NOT the firmware.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote