View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
That's a good question. Get the brick-and-mortar folks involved in the distribution effort is only a first step. People need to be able to purchase ebooks at the same time that they purchase paper books. I'm reasonably sure Sony has thought of that, but don't yet know what their plans are.
______
Dennis
Indeed.

I wonder if Sony could develop a Point of Sale system which would allow people to buy and load ebooks in the store itself.

Here in the UK, I talked to quiet a few Waterstone's employees who wished it was possible, as many of their customers were not very comfortable with the process of getting book's on the reader. Especially when you add the double dose with Abobe DE as well as the Library.

A system like this would probably be easier with Mobi or Ereader where you don't need to authorise the machine to load book's onto a device, but surely Sony could make a special version of Library, etc to allow stores to do so. Maybe tie it to a smart card or something so customers could easily buy books from different locations without having to enter detaile in each place again and again.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote