View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:19 PM   #75
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan diVega View Post
Just to be clear, you're saying that you have to use a different address if you want to register with various Amazon sites?

Like I wrote earlier I'm registered with Amazon sites in the US, UK, France, Germany and (which I forgot) Japan and I'm registered with identical details on all of them. I've never actually shopped while travelling in either country, nor have I even been to all of them, so I don't really get the travelling part of your post either....
Sorry - I'm forgetting that there are cases where different countries use a totally different Amazon site and this might work differently. For Australians, we use Amazon.com. There is a setting on your account that allows you to change your current country/address. I believe it exists so that when you are travelling in the US you are able to simply change your country settings and purchase US ebooks. It is not against any policy to do this, but because it's simply a setting you can change there is nothing that prevents you doing it whether you are travelling or not.

I've never tried doing anything with other Amazon sites so I don't if it's the same process.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote