View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #74
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan_cassidy View Post
You surely don't expect a book by an American author to be re-edited to use Australian English? As far as I know, books are published as is, and not "translated" to different versions of English for different countries. Just a different publisher usually is taking over.
I definitely would expect it if the rights were sold to an Australian publisher. If the an American publisher has global rights and the book is electronic, then I would not expect it. And it's in those cases where I would find it difficult to justify a higher price in the Australian market. And I would treat the case exactly the same as being able to personally import a paperback from a different country.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote