View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #71
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Context still applies similarly when it comes to UK vs US linguistic conventions. So while I agree that someone might get tripped up the first time they encounter any of these words and phrases that the cultures use differently, it doesn't exactly take a herculean effort to get a handle on them when reading.

I understand why they might do it, but after a lifetime of reading a variety of authors, I'm fluent enough in UK-ese to wish they wouldn't.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote