View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #33
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The metrics for a font have multiple values which can be used for rendering the space between the lines. For example, ADE (Desktop and Sony) uses a different value then the KF8 does on eInk Kindles. So I can adjust a font to have different lines heights based on ADE or KF8.
Ok, maybe I'm a bit sensitive to line height, as I've worked with a lot of print books.

I've never seen an epub where re-setting the line height to default didn't yield a pleasant result, though. And to me, increasing the height with something so drastic as 20+ % looks very strange, hence my advice would still be to leave it at default.
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote