View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
1) I noticed how calibre can actually send your Kindle news feeds. All I have to do is keep my computer and calibre on, and make it automatically send news feed to my kindle. If I have the 3g version can I literally download these news feeds wherever I go? How fast does the kindle 3g version download these stuff?

A: Bear in mind that if you use your 3G to email what are classed as "personal documents" to your Kindle (which is what Calibre does with news feeds) you will be charged a small fee from Amazon. It is only free when using wifi to receive items. But 3G is fast for me not slow at all.

6) Is there any other cool things I can do with Kindles 3g? Like some kind of 3rd party app like Calibre that will let me easily access stuff.

A: Yes you can store all your ebooks with DropBox and you are able to use the Kindle web browser to access those and download straight to your Kindle for free. I use this method a lot. But actually with the 4GB space on a Kindle - you can simply store all your books on your Kindle.

Personally I would pay the extra for the 3G everytime. It has been useful to me many, many times for reading/writing emails when I've had no wifi access. Depends whether you think you'll often be without wifi I guess.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote