View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:31 AM   #1
RedNara
RedNara began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wifi + 3g vs Wifi only [HELP! I'm about to pick up a Kindle!]

After lurking around this forum and the web for a while, I finally decided that kindle is my best option.

My biggest question is... Should I get the 3g version or the non 3g version!

1) I noticed how calibre can actually send your Kindle news feeds. All I have to do is keep my computer and calibre on, and make it automatically send news feed to my kindle. If I have the 3g version can I literally download these news feeds wherever I go? How fast does the kindle 3g version download these stuff?

2) With kindles web browsers can I book mark websites? For example, can I easily access g-mail and etc to check my e-mail on the go?

3) Can I even download pdf files through my e-mail to my kindle?

4) Is Kindles 3g speed just as fast as any at&t cellphone speed?

5) Is the web browser a total gimmick or does it come in handy once a month?

6) Is there any other cool things I can do with Kindles 3g? Like some kind of 3rd party app like Calibre that will let me easily access stuff.

7) Should I pick up a 3 year accidental warranty from best buy? I believe it cost around 30ish-40ish dollar for the 189 kindle version. They cover all kinds of accident, will my Kindle likely break within 3 years? Btw I'm planning on taking my kindle to the gym, so it is a good idea to take that accident plan, correct?
RedNara is offline   Reply With Quote