View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Okay, some more info. When the thumbnail is turned off, the reader is good to go quite quickly even with hundreds of books added (30-45 seconds).

Thumbnail generation is about 2 seconds per thumbnail. I have noticed that there was a very small slowdown doing things like going from reading a book to the home page or the notes page after adding that many books as if the reader was doing stuff in the background.

I turned on thumbnails, and cycled through my whole list of books to force the reader to generate thumbnails for each book. This made a difference and the 650 became speedy again.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote