View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
Just forget about that "touchscreen hack", i have misunderstood with other hack.

btw: i have done the jailbreak turorial and i still cant open dev apps. help ?
What does "cant open dev apps" mean? What "dev apps"? The jailbreak lets you installed signed update install packages. Each kindle model needs a different install package. You need to copy one that MATCHES your kindle model to the USB drive, which will enable (un-gray) the "Update Your Kindle" menu option. Choose that to install the package.

If by "dev apps" you mean "kindlets", you also need to install the combined developer keys. You can get those from the dev corner master index (tools index wiki). Or search for them.

There are other apps that do not need any key (jailbreak or dev keys), such as native mode apps. And on the K5, there are WAF apps (HTML/Javascript).

How you install "dev apps" depends on what KIND of app they are. Each should come with a README file or other instructions that say how to install it.

Beware that some screensaver hacks can brick your kindle if installed for the wrong firmware version, so beware of what you do there...
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote