View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 02:40 AM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
<snip>
So my question to you is: Do you need to engage in the story and feel a part of it to fully enjoy it? And what does that engagement look like for you? Or is reading an interesting and detailed accounting of a story enough for you to fully enjoy it?
No. I choose a book to read like I choose what I want to eat. I pick something to match what I am craving.

Sometimes, I want to read and not have to think too much. It could be a different twist on an old plot, quirky characters, comical situations or characters, or just the historical facts woven into a story.

I choose some books because I know I can pick them up and put them down. They fill fractured free time periods with enjoyable stories. Usually, short stories.

I choose other books because I want to curl up and forget the real world for a few hours. These books are chosen because I am familiar with the author from past experience or I have read reviews by people who have the same taste in books that I have.

A few times, I have started more than one book before I found the book I wanted to curl up with.

What I find most exciting is when one of those books is from an indie author.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote