View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 PM   #56
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I've looked into OOo and it is very different from Word. There does not seem to be any opportunity for code reuse. BC macros heavly called VBA and Win32 API. These do not exist in OOo.

Creating a plugin for OOo is a bit more involved than Word and will require more effort than it took for Word. However the final product will be much better than the Word Equivalent.

As of late I am pressed for time and cannot create a new tool from scratch, at the moment. However if there is somebody with OOo development experience or is willing to learn, it is not hard. I'd be willing to collaborate with them to create a BookCreator Tool in OOo. OOo supports Java/JavaScript/Python so the gambit is much.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 10-20-2008 at 10:39 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote