View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 02:53 PM   #47
gonzule
before sleep, read or TV?
gonzule began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Man, this app is great. I just transformed my old LRF files to plain text (with ABC Amber Sony Converter) and then transformed some of them to ePub for easier use.

I've only found a problem so far. Sometimes, after adding al the "Book Author", "Book Title" and "Chapter Title" styles into the text and the converting the file to ePub, some items in the Index or TOC are not properly placed.

For example in a book i have:

Book Author

Book Title

Title (chapter 1)

some text

Title (chapter 2)
and so on...

When opening an ePub file from the sony reader or eBook Library the table of contents in the epub file misses the First Title (Chapter 1) and at the end adds "None" or the "book title", linking to the page where... well... the book title is.

Strange is that when you insert the TOC into the text using the InstTOC option, it does show the first Chapter.

Also, when inserting page jumps, for example, between two paragraphs, these page jumps dont show up on the final ePub file. the page jumps only work before a Chapter Title.
Quote:
I solved the page breaks. Just after a page break, you have to place the cursor over some emty space and the click "Title". This will create a Title field an that way the page break will be recognized.

i'll keep trying to see if i can sort this out

Last edited by gonzule; 10-11-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Link removed - copyrightyed material
gonzule is offline   Reply With Quote