View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvin-c View Post
Very true. Patents are for ideas, copyrights for expressions. One thing I'd look for is this ruling to be either overturned or judged to apply only to the method used by ReDigi. I can't see it being generally accepted-but I could be wrong. More & more I see the legal system selling out to corporate greed. Potential criminal behavior has only been illegal in the US when corporations have been allowed to make the laws-or court rulings. In all other cases criminal behavior must be proven.
This particular ruling has nothing to do with "potential criminal behaviour" (by which I'd guess you mean the issue of someone selling something while keeping a copy for themselves?). The judge ruled that ReDigi ARE committing copyright infringement by creating unauthorised copies of the work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote