View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
First of all, I literally LOLed at the judge calling mp3 files "phonorecords" Hilarious! But even though that word touches off "old, out-of-touch, clueless judge" alarm bells, the rationale behind the decision seemed pretty sound.

I'd love to be able to resell digital content I no longer want, and maybe get "used" stuff at a discount, especially ebooks, since I'm not much of a re-reader. Music is different in that interest in a certain album could be rekindled at any time, therefore I wouldn't have much interest in selling any of my mp3 collection. Personal desires aside, it's tough to argue with the judge's decision in terms of the potential for abuse in reselling digital content.

With Redigi there just seem to be too many loopholes that any unscrupulous, reasonably savvy computer user could probably take advantage of (I'm basing that on guesswork based on the description in the article). Then again, anyone can rip all their CDs and then sell them, so what's the difference really?

I'm still hoping to sell back my Kindle books at some point, but I'm not holding my breath.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote