View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #20
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pl001 View Post
He was talking about something like the Asus Padfone or Motorola Atrix, where you can just dock the phone in a larger setup and work exactly as you would with a larger setup. So you would essentially dock your phone when you get to work, much like many people dock their laptops. Need a tablet? Just buy a dumb tablet monitor and dock your phone to it. Laptop? Same thing. Another advantage...get a new phone and your PC, tablet, and phone are all up to date.

The technology is available today. The hardware isn't quite there yet and Windows 8 isn't either for an OS, but I think we are closer than a lot of people realize. Phones today can provide all the computing power 90% of consumers need. I'd expect to be able to buy a nice modular setup within 5 years. I need a real PC for work, but for personal use about all I use my laptop for anymore is some internet use, basic multimedia management, and banking. All of which my year-old phone could easily handle given the right interface.
Yep, it is obvious that the the computing power is there.

That reminds me that in the new Iron Sky movie, yet to be released,
the mad Nazi scientist on the moon realizes that the phone the captured Astronaut is carrying has the computing power to control the new Nazi giant Dreadnaught.
Then the battery runs out, and they have to send a mission to Earth to find a charger.
It is going to be a great movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by frahse; 09-24-2012 at 07:10 PM.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote