View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #22
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you for the information!
I thought the rotation occurs only after nickle has been run. Therefore, I was thinking of creating a file to indicate that nickel has already been running in the current session. In addition KSM would have to check which FW is installed. For up to a certain point, the rotation problem was not there. I guess it reappeared with the change from 16 to 32 bit colour depth. But I am not certain about it, since reports came only some time later.
I agree with you about 32 bit is the culprit. I don't notice before because with your KSM-koreader-coolreader combination there's some long time ago I don't use nickel (even with amazing GeoffR patches). Do you want I check last FW with 16 bit and first with 32 bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Did you already try to select "start plato"? If it does not work and does also not give control back to KSM, you can exit it by selecting "exit plato" in the webinterface. Or if nothing works you can "reboot" or "power off" by the webinterface.
If plato does not work, and you do not see anything identifiable on the screen, poke a little around. There are chances the screen will update in some parts, so that you can see in which direction the screen is rotated.
I'm very interesting in that new ereader but the first iterations were too time consuming to test . At the moment I could not start with KSM (by now I don't want to try with fmon). I will to experiment with the scrip
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote