View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:15 PM   #11
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
ChristianAudio -- Monthly Offers -- exp 31 Jan
  • FREE -- Living Forward -- M Hyatt, et al/ M Hyatt, et al --> 4.3 hrs --> leadership

Other Related Titles Are Only $4.98 Each!
  • 2 Chairs -- Bob Beaudine/ Bob Beaudine --> 3.5 hrs
  • Do More Better -- Tim Challies/ Lloyd James --> 2.9 hrs
  • Face to Face -- Jayme Hull, et al/ Ann Richardson --> 5.2 hrs
  • The Leap -- Robert Dickie III/ John McLain --> 5.7 hrs
I'm at a loss to explain the prevalence of self-development books. When I go through a more-or-less random list of books, it seems that there is about one such book for every ten books! That is probably an overstatement, but I doubt that it is by much.

Have titles that have been previously published on the subject not accomplished the goal of a person getting his or her ducks in a row, so an author feels that he/she must create one that does? Have people with self-developmental needs read one or more of the previous books, but they've gotten no help from them because they haven't put into practice what the previous books said to do? So they decide that the problem is that the previous books were just no good, and so they buy another one that looks promising?

I know, this isn't the thread to get into a discussion about it; I guess that I'm just wondering out loud. But, it's more than that--these self-development titles genuinely get in the way when I'm browsing through the non-fiction markdown lists, whether it be of ebooks or audiobooks. There are too blooming many of them!

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-01-2017 at 03:17 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote