View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #70
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Fortunately, I haven't experienced that trick yet.

However, I often find it amusing when sellers from Amazon's Marketplace update the order to "Shipped" shortly after the order has been placed and when the item can't possibly have been shipped from the place where it has been claimed to be shipping from due to the time of day.
Yep. They buy the postage online and are given a tracking number that they pass on. But often the package sits in their house (or business) for days before they take it to the Post Office (or FedEx, or wherever they're sending it through). The Post Office now reports that they are waiting for the package to arrive – I think they were getting blamed for slow shipping when it wasn't their fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
And then there is the trick where they say it will be shipping from a given location, say the state or province which you happen to reside in, which enables you to estimate about how long it should take to reach you. But then it takes a week or two longer because it has shipped from overseas.
I've had that happen to me also on Amazon Marketplace. Expected arrival date was about five days, and took nearly a month from China. (In that case it wasn't advertised as Prime, but still it's dishonest.) I'm much more careful when I order from a seller on Amazon's Marketplace now. After what happened to my niece I'm going to be even more leery.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote