View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #22
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Do we actually know for certain that they're going to surreptitiously filter results? I know that a bunch of stuff tagged "adult", much of it GLBT-oriented was affected by what they claim to have been an embarrassing and ham-fisted programming error. I heard a lot of speculation about what they were trying to do. I have not seen an actual confirmation of what they wanted the end system to be.
You are correct.

But we do know that they've been filtering. We just don't know what exactly.

Since Amazon does not clearly inform its customers, that their searches are being filtered and the results are not as accurate as the customers would reasonably expect them to be, then Amazon is engaging in deceptive practices.

It is up to Amazon, to state their guidelines for filtering, so that their customers can make informed decisions, based on their searches. Until Amazon does, speculation will persist.
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote