View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #1158
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Hey thanks for that, jhempel24. It was a terrible review to have to write. I just kept putting it off and putting it off.

There were things I didn't include in there because when I reviewed my comments I realised that people could actually infer all sorts of things (most likely incorrectly) about the author's personality/character based on what I had written.

Given that a single review can sometimes cause a stampede of "me too" indignation in sites like GoodReads, often based on a desire to be outraged rather than any real shared experience or even knowledge, I decided I needed to be a bit more responsible with what I wrote.

Have you ever come across such a dilemma in any of your reviews?
Actually yes. Not tomorrow, but next Monday I have a review slated in which the author in the middle of a scene changes character names. Then switched back, like he got confused. Major problem for me!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote