View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #14
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Hmmm. must ponder this.

On the one hand, the size is good for the occasional pdf I may read. Android 6.0 means that I can run a couple of apps that are designed for 5.0 or higher.

On the other, no frontlight? A frontlight is nice, but my paper books have never had them. No page turn buttons? I'll miss those when reading something, but most tablets have never had them. Price? Well, $550 (US) puts it in iPad territory. eInk is slightly easier on my eyes than my iPad's display, but is that difference worth that much? Not sure.

If there was a six or seven inch eInk device that ran Android 6.0 or higher, I'd probably pull the trigger right away, as it would cost less than this. I'm still tempted by the Note, but I'm not sure it's worth the cost to me. It's good to see Onyx offering such a device, though.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote