Thread: Aura Unbricking my Aura?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 02:52 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatMagicalHat View Post
Thank you very much, this did the trick.

I was messing with the (pinhole) reset button because Kobo's manual reset page basically says you have to press it a number of times and then confirm it on the screen. It's pretty unclear about the timing you have to use, though, and it also seems to claim the reset button should turn the device on when it's off. I did use this method to reset it before I made the u-boot mistake, though I'm not entirely sure what part of my timing did the trick because I was just mashing it that time.
For those instructions to work, the device has to boot past a certain point. It actually counts the boots and reset the counter when fully booted. On the fourth unsuccessful boot, it offers to do the factory reset. But, your device wasn't getting to that point.
Quote:
Anyway, I did try the light button before, but clearly I hadn't done the right thing. When I followed these very clear instructions, the screen started working again straight away. I haven't gotten it past the updating step yet, but I feel this creates enough of an opening to fix things even if they don't work immediately.
I'd hate to think of how many times I've messed this up. And it is even worse with the devices with only have one button. Those I've never gotten right the first time.

Anyway, hopefully it will update properly. Unless you're actually looking for an excuse to upgrade In which case I highly recommend the Clara HD. Or any of the other current Kobo devices.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote