View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #8
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Well, the screen on HD (and HD 2) is definitely crisper and clearer than anything else I have seen, but it could just be the 300 ppi though.

But a concrete experiential advantage with infrared touch, compared to capacitive, is that it always reacts as expected. On other screens I get mistaps, but I never did on HD. I think this is likely due to infrared touch.
Whereas my experience is the opposite. On my AuraHD, which is infrared, I constantly have problems with the touch screen not registering my touch, or registering a long press as a swipe, or something similar. I also have the annoyance that when I'm reading in bed, if a piece of the sheet/blanket touches the screen it turns the page (or does something else unwanted). With my capacitive devices, I (almost) never have an issue it not registering a touch, and when I do, it's very rare.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote