Thread: PRS-505 PRS505 "bricked"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #23
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
If you like older Sony E Readers shopgoodwill currently has two non working Sony PRS-900 ereaders for auction ending on 3/21/2019. The seller notes it is not charging but apparently this model has a battery that is easily replaceable. I've already bought so many eraders from there (well about five) that I am resisting the urge to buy another one. If you decide to get it this model it apparently has a headphone jack/audio support and again it is listed as sold as is/non working.
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/65003069
Do not get a PRS-900, PRS-700, & PRS-600. They are horrible awful Readers. They have very poor screens because of the touch layer and the 700 has the worst front light ever. Stay away from these three Sony Readers.

Now as to the 505, It's time to give that up. It doesn't work well with a lot of new ePub. The 505 is old, slow, and doesn't have enough memory. It can freeze, reboot, or be very slow because of the high resolution graphics including the cover. I had a 505, so what I am saying is from experience.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote