Thread: PRS-505 PRS505 "bricked"
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 02:34 PM   #22
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLing View Post
(sorry, i couldn't find a way to pose a new thread) Hi! i realize i'm late to the game. reallly late. but, I got a PRS 505 recently that seem to work fine..until I tried to test out the audio portion. It turns out that it didn't matter whether i play any audio or not (when i did there was no sound, but it does go through the motion), but as soon as I press the volume button the device gives an exclamation mark, and it shuts down.
Upon some research I find out that to do a Hard Reset one has to press the Mark and the Volume+ button. So, I was wondering if this was a unit that didn't get through a hard reset cycle? So then I tried to do a hard reset, and it went through the motion, but after press the 5 button it didn't seem to erase anything. I see that I can get new batteries and change it to do more test, but wondered if i shouldn't ask the experts first! Thank you in advance for any input you may have!
If you like older Sony E Readers shopgoodwill currently has two non working Sony PRS-900 ereaders for auction ending on 3/21/2019. The seller notes it is not charging but apparently this model has a battery that is easily replaceable. I've already bought so many eraders from there (well about five) that I am resisting the urge to buy another one. If you decide to get it this model it apparently has a headphone jack/audio support and again it is listed as sold as is/non working.
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/65003069
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote