View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #94
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
Actually, that's the main reason I installed calibre. I prefer my own organization scheme, so I don't use its library features at all - except to convert MOBI to EPUB (and, in rare cases, EPUB to MOBI and AZW3). Most of the time, I use it through the command line (through a regedit patch to put common commands on my context menu) or use the editor directly.

So, there's ONE...
One of whom I'm going to place squarely in the "not going to have to struggle too mightily figuring it out" camp, if no one objects. Besides, you can still avoid the main gui entirely if you like by installing any and all plugins via the already-familiar command-line interface!

I understand wanting a complete separation of the various elements (viewer, editor, library/converter). But since we know that's not going to happen, I just don't see a centralized plugin framework as much of a stumbling block to the people who learn enough to make use of plugins. *shrugs*
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote