View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 04:29 AM   #73
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Really getting there. This version works very well.

Some comments, none of which is very important:

- Did "find dups". It found the expected 4 groups. I switched to "show non_dups", selected them all, and said to remove exemptions. It did. I then pressed "find dups", expecting to see the now 6 groups. I saw the original 4. I suggest that pushing the find dups button after removing exemptions should redo the alg.

- Same as above, but pressed manually selected find dups. Saw all six, but the sort order is wrong. The two new groups are sorted at the bottom. This is probably caused by the multisort thinking it has already sorted the screen. I suggest that you force a multisort (don't set the ignore flag) after every find_dups.

- The 'are you sure' messages should offer the checkbox to not show the message again. In particular, the mark exempt dialog should have this checkbox. The confirm method in gui2.dialogs.confirm_delete.py should be able to do the job.

- A hygiene-factor thing. When the user selects 'mark group exempt', it might be a good idea to check if any books not in the group are selected. If they are, then the user is probably confused and thinks that the selection will be used in lieu of the group. (Guess who almost did that ... )

- Idea: if you connect to gui.search.cleared, you will be notified if the user clicks the clear button on the search bar. That would permit clearing the search to do a "clear duplicate results". Should it?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote