View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:36 PM   #71
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I'm sure there must be a nicer way to help reduce the steps involved in that with a nice merge gui...
The Find Duplicates is certainly getting a nice gui! Feel free to tackle Merge. You won't be stepping on my toes.

Automerge started as a simple: OMG, I'm never going to finish getting all my ebooks into Calibre. I had too many duplicates from global conversion to a new format. It met my personal needs, but it's showing its age as Calibre forges ahead. I traded control for quick and dirty. I really couldn't face opening multiple files, trying to decide which had better formatting, etc. I decided I was just going to keep originals, fix any formatting I didn't like, and go back to the originals if the formatting was so bad I couldn't fix it.

I agree with kiwidude that a better Merge interface is needed (but I want it optional so it doesn't interfere or slow down the keyboard based "M" Merge (delete others) and Alt-M Safe Merge (keep others), which I use constantly). I also think we need more control in the Automerge for CTL. (I kind of like Automerge now for direct Add Books). Unfortunately, it's not going to happen soon for me. I've got a lot on my plate for the next few months.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote